Expand all •••
A star-studded team •••
- Role at Scope Pictures CEO - Producer
- Main personality traits Humour and perseverance
- Favourite fictional hero/heroine Carrie Bradshaw
- Favourite cult film Finding Neverland
- Favourite dish Tuna Sashimi
- Superpower I’d like to have Omnipresence
- Role at Scope Pictures Operations Director
- Main personality traits a positive attitude
- Favourite fictional hero/heroine Sport Billy
- Favourite cult film Les trois frères
- Favourite dish Burrata mozzarella and tomato
- Superpower I’d like to have Teleportation
- Role at Scope Pictures Coproduction Executive
- Main personality traits Diplomacy
- Favourite fictional hero/heroine Alice in Wonderland
- Favourite cult film Blade Runner
- Favourite dish Chocolate Charlotte, of course!
- Superpower I’d like to have Time travel
- Role at Scope Pictures Project Manager
- Main personality traits Generosity
- Favourite fictional hero/heroine Indiana Jones
- Favourite cult film Singing in the Rain
- Favourite dish Sweet and sour pork fritters
- Superpower I’d like to have Omniscience
- Role at Scope Pictures Film Business Developer
- Main personality traits Creativity
- Favourite fictional hero/heroine Donnie Brasco
- Favourite cult film Fargo (Coen Bros.)
- Favourite dish A good steak & chips
- Superpower I’d like to have Invisibility
- Role at Scope Pictures Associate Producer
- Main personality traits Loyal and adventurous
- Favourite fictional hero/heroine Don Draper
- Favourite cult film The Night of the Hunter
- Favourite dish Ghormeh Sabzi (traditional Iranien dish)
- Superpower I’d like to have A sense of direction
David joined the Scope team in 2017 as a Unit Production Manager.
- Role at Scope Pictures Unit Production Manager
- Main personality traits Conciliatory and committed
- Favourite fictional hero/heroine Ferris Bueller
- Favourite cult film Serpico
- Favourite dish Wiener schnitzel
- Favourite Scope film Ma Loute
- Superpower I’d like to have Eternal youth
- Role at Scope Pictures Senior Legal Executive
- Main personality traits Spontaneous, direct
- Favourite fictional hero/heroine The Count of Monte Cristo
- Favourite cult film The Blues Brothers
- Favourite dish A cheese platter
- Favourite Scope film Noces
- Superpower I’d like to have Telepathy
- Role at Scope Pictures Film Production Assistant
- Main personality traits Independent and enthusiastic
- Favourite fictional hero/heroine Thelma et Louise
- Favourite cult film Wild at Heart
- Favourite dish Francesinha (traditional Porto dish)
- Favourite Scope film Personal Shopper
- Superpower I’d like to have Talk to the animals
Why work with us? •••
SCOPE Pictures is Belgium’s most prolific and most acclaimed film production company.
We coproduce movies, TV films and series that have a clear commercial aim and wide public appeal.
In 2003, via our sister company SCOPE Invest, we were the first to develop funding structures based on the Belgian Tax Shelter mechanism. Since then, we have become one of the market leaders in the field of funding and tax incentives, with:
- over 150 films funded and coproduced.
- more than 260 million euros invested in the cinema industry.
- over 400 weeks of filming completed.
- glowing reviews, nominations on the main lists at renowned festivals and box office success.
Courtesy of a selective approach, we are able to guarantee a high-quality tailored service for each individual project.
Our team of experts is constantly working to create new opportunities, with a view to assisting producers in the most effective and innovative ways possible.
SCOPE Pictures possesses cutting-edge expertise in the support of foreign productions, in financial arrangements and in combining the different types of public and private funding available in Belgium.
As part of funding package, we also offer production services to film and television production companies. Using our vast network of contacts, we assist the producers during the finalisation of contracts with the Belgian contractors and suppliers involved in the film.
SCOPE Pictures boasts solid experience in securing European, national and regional funding, with some 30 films selected by Wallimage/Screen.Brussels and over 15 chosen by Eurimages since 2008.
SCOPE Pictures coproduces around 20 projects a year, the majority of which meet with critical acclaim and go on to achieve box office success...
Why work in Belgium? •••
Compared to many other European countries, Belgium offers considerable advantage in terms of filming and post-production costs.
Producers can even benefit from the Tax Shelter mechanism without necessarily having to shoot the film in Belgium.
The country also boasts a great diversity of backdrops, with varied landscapes, picturesque towns and cities, and the full gamut of architectural styles.
Belgium also offers exceptional quality in terms of technical and artistic services, not to mention world-renowned reliability. But don’t take our word for it: have a look at the list of productions filmed in Belgium and hailed by international critics.
Apart from the Tax Shelter mechanism and the competitive pricing applied by local industry, Belgium also offers national and regional funds such as Wallimage, Screen.Brussels, the Wallonia/Brussels Federation and Screen Flanders. These funds invest capital of up to 400,000 euros and are fully compatible with the Tax Shelter mechanism.
What types of projects are accepted? •••
SCOPE Pictures can help fund the following types of audiovisual works:
- Feature films, documentaries, animated films, TV movies and series.
SCOPE Pictures is actively seeking Belgian and international projects of all genres aimed at the general public and requiring a minimum budget of millions euros. .
A project doesn’t necessarily have to be recognised as an official Belgian coproduction by virtue of a coproduction agreement. However, it must be recognised by the relevant Belgian authority as being a “European work” on the basis of the criteria defined by the European Commission’s “Television without Borders” directive of 3 October 1989.
Selection criteria •••
SCOPE will consider projects which include the following elements:
- A distribution agreement for which the main funding comes from the distributors’ country of origin.
- An agreement with an internationally renowned commercial agent.
- Confirmed funding for a minimum of 70% of the film’s budget.
What are the restrictions? •••
SCOPE is able to fund from 45% to 55% of all Belgian expenditure. The net funding provided to the producer via the Tax Shelter mechanism may reach up to 25% of the film’s overall budget (excluding unforeseen costs).
How do I submit a project? •••
Projects can be submitted at any stage in the production process. However, SCOPE Pictures normally only intervenes when at least 70% of the funding is already guaranteed.
If you’d like to apply, please send us an e-mail together with the film’s finished promotional material, plus the following documents:
- Letters of intent from director and producer
- Cast and crew lists
- Funding plan and recoupment details
- Budget, with details of Belgian expenditure
- Estimated international sales
- Production schedule and proposed release date.